Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are the combination of all the very best things a cookie could be! They’re chewy and soft in the middle, with a yummy Nutella surprise, and my all time favorite caramelized crispy edges to add all that deep and toffee-like flavor to these cookies!
These Chocolate Chip Cookies sound like they might be a bit complicated to make, but they couldn’t be any easier! No special equipment needed (not even a stand mixer!), just your fave whisk and a few bowls and you’re half way to making the most dreamy Nutella filled cookies that’ll definitely impress even the most picky cookie lover!
What You’ll Need
Ingredients for Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate baking bar
How to make Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Freeze dollops of Nutella: Place dollops of about 1.5 to 2 tsp of Nutella onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer to solidify.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda
- Whisk together wet ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk melted butter with sugars until combined. Add eggs and whisk for a full minute, until mixture is paler in color. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, then fold in finely chopped chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight to 24 hrs.
- Assemble and bake: Remove dough from fridge and let sit on counter for 10-15 minutes so it’s not too hard to work with. With a 2 TB cookie scoop, scoop out cookie ball, then gently flatten and create a crater in the middle. Place a frozen dollop of Nutella in the middle, and gently wrap the cookie dough around the Nutella to close the ball. Place cookie balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, bake for about 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees F, until the edges are browned.
Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies are the combination of all the best things about a cookie! They are crispy and caramelized around the edges, yet soft and chewy in the middle with a gooey Nutella surprise!
for the cookies
- 1 cup (280g) Nutella
- 1 3/4 c (224g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks OR 170g) unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 cup (200g) light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz dark chocolate baking bars, chopped well
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon about 1.5 - 2 tsp dollops of nutella onto parchment paper, about 16 dollops needed. Place entire tray into freezer to solidify
Prepare cookie dough
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together slightly cooled melted butter and sugars. Add eggs and whisk vigorously for 1 minute, until batter is paler in color. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture without over mixing. Fold in the chopped chocolate, then cover with plastic wrap and chill dough in fridge for at least 2 hours, or preferably, overnight to 24 hours.
Assemble and Bake
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- With a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough, then flatten the dough slightly into a disc, placing a dollop of frozen nutella in the middle. Gently wrap the dough around the nutella and close the ball.
- Place cookie balls at least 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges have browned.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!