Peanut Butter Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies
These peanut butter marshmallow chocolate chip cookies are everything I’d ever want in a cookie! They are big with crispy caramelized edges and a chewy center oozing delicious marshmallow fluff, with chocolate in every bite and just the perfect amount of peanut butter drizzled on top for good measure!
What you’ll need
- Food measuring scale: my preferred method of measuring ingredients for ANYTHING is a SCALE! Why? It is the most accurate way to ensure that your bakes will come out exactly like the writer’s did. There are certain ingredients like liquids or baking soda that I am less fussy about and will use a measuring cup or spoon for. But when it comes to an ingredient like FLOUR, using a scale is always the best way, because using a measuring cup will produce significantly varying amounts.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Large ice cream or cookie scoop
- Butter: we will be browning the butter for this recipe!
- Brown sugar: light or dark brown sugar would work in this recipe
- Granulated sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Kosher salt (or regular salt, but use less)
- Baking chocolate bars (I use a mix of milk and dark chocolate, but you can choose either)
- Mini marshmallows
- Peanut Butter
How to make peanut butter marshmallow chocolate chip cookies
- Brown the butter: place butter in saucepan over medium low heat to melt. slowly stir in constantly as it reaches a boil. after several minutes, it may become a bit foamy, and will smell a bit nutty. as you stir, you will start to see the milk solids separating and forming tiny brown bits at the bottom of the pan. keep stirring and remove from heat when specks are dark golden brown, do not burn the milk solids. let cool slightly.
- Mix with sugars: in a large mixing bowl, add browned butter, and sugars and whisk to combine. Add egg, vanilla, and milk and whisk well until mixture is slightly paler in color.
- Dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt to combine well.
- Combine: Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold with a spatula until almost completely combined.
- Add chocolate: roughly chop the chocolate bars into chunks and fold into the cookie dough
- Assemble cookies: scoop out cookie dough with a large ice cream scoop, push a hole in the middle with your thumb, fill with 4-5 mini marshmallows, close up the hole, roll into a ball, and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all cookie dough is used up.
- Chill cookie dough: Cover all cookie balls tightly with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill. You can chill these overnight or at least for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven: while cookie balls are chilling, preheat oven to 350F for at least 20 minutes.
- Bake + prep peanut butter: Line another baking sheet with parchment paper and place cookie dough 2-3 inches apart (I could only first 4 at a time), keeping the rest in the fridge. Bake for 10 minutes (while the cookies are baking microwave 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter for 10-15 seconds), bang the bottom of the baking sheet on the oven baking rack a few times to flatten cookies slightly, then take them out and quickly drizzle peanut butter on top of each cookie, return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes. Let cool on baking sheet and enjoy!
Other recipes to try!
- S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
- millionaire’s shortbread w sweet maple walnuts
- Milk Bread Coffee Cinnamon Rolls
These peanut butter marshmallow chocolate chip cookies have crispy caramelized edges and a chewy center oozing delicious marshmallow fluff, with chocolate in every bite and just the perfect amount of peanut butter drizzled on top for good measure!
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks OR 170g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200g) light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tb milk (any milk will do)
- 1 3/4 cup (224g) all purpose flour (measure correctly)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 6 oz baking chocolate bar (i used a mix of milk and dark), chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Brown the butter: in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally to melt evenly. Once all butter is melted, continue stirring with a silicone spatula as butter comes to a low boil. It will start become quite foamy and then will smell aromatic and nutty. When you see the milk solids separate and turn into tiny golden brown flecks stir for another few seconds and remove from heat. Do not burn the milk solids. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a large bowl, combine sugars and cooled browned butter and whisk to combine. Add egg, vanilla, and milk, whisk well until paler in color.
- Dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well.
- Combine: Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold until combined with a silicone spatula.
- Add chocolate: fold in chopped chocolate chunks until evenly combined.
- Assemble: With a large cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and while the dough is still in the scoop, create a hole in the middle, and squeeze 4-5 mini marshmallows inside, and squish the dough together to close the hole. Place cookie ball onto baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Chill cookie dough: place plastic wrap over all the cookie balls and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes (while the oven preheats).
- PREHEAT OVEN to 350 F
- Bake: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cookies 2-3 inches apart (I could only fit 4 cookies at a time). Bake for 10 minutes (as they're baking, microwave peanut butter for 10-15 seconds, so it can be drizzled). Bang the bottom of the baking sheet a few times against of baking rack of the oven to flatten cookies a bit, then remove from oven and quickly drizzle peanut butter on top of each cookie. Return to oven to bake for 5 more minutes.